Thursday, June 16, 2011

Battle of the Stains: Benefit Benetint vs. Benefit Cha Cha Tint

Benefit Benetint is a cult favorite lip and cheek stain, adored by thousands of woman. It's red, watery consistency and heavenly rosewater scent give the lips and cheeks a GORGEOUS flushed appearance. It is my FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT; it is such an easy, versatile, and most importantly, multi-use product! It gives any skin tone the PERFECT red rosy flush, similar to stepping inside after being outside in the cold. It is waterproof, so it is a plus for lounging around the pool/beach during the Summer. Benefit has two versions of their cheek and lip stain: Benetint-their original watery red stain, and Posietint-a poppy pink stain with a gel-like consistency. I personally have tried out Posietint, and I HATE the consistency...it feels thick and goopy, and the color doesn't show up on my NC 35 skin tone. Starting in June 2011, Benefit has released a new version of their all-famous stain: Cha Cha Tint, which is retailing for $28 USD. Here is the description on the Benefit website: This mango-tinted stain beautifully blushes lips & cheeks with a tropical sunset hue. Smooch-proof & smudge-proof, this sheer stain will have you looking deliciously sun-kissed for hours. Read on as I compare Benetint and Cha Cha Tint:








Verdict? My favorite is always going to remain Benetint, only because it is so sheer and buildable...you really can't go wrong. BUT, for the summertime, when I want a nice glow on my cheeks, I'll definitely opt for Cha Cha Tint. It truly is a GORGEOUS mango-corally color. It is quite pigmented, and looks absolutely amazing on my tan skin. The feeling of Cha Cha Tint is very similar to that of Posietint: goopy and thick. Don't get me wrong, it does look great on the lips. I personally, however, cannot get over the thick feeling it has, as seen in the pictures above. One thing that bothers me about both stains is that they stain your fingers horribly! ESPECIALLY Cha Cha Tint. Since it is so long-lasting, I walked around all day looking like I ate a bag of Hot Cheetos. The one thing I noticed about Cha Cha Tint is that the color is a little darker on the skin than in the unblended swatches....that could just be a result of my darker skin, though. Cha Cha Tint has no smell or taste, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on personal preference. 

Benefit Benetint

Pros- Sheer and buildable; rosewater scented; non-alcohol based; waterproof; light and watery; long-lasting; multiuse

Cons- Unrealistic packaging (a nail polish bottle! Really Benefit!?)

Benefit Cha Cha Tint

Pros- Pigmented; gorgeous mangoey-coral color; non-alcohol based; waterproof; long-lasting

Cons- Again with the unrealistic packaging; thick and goopy; different color than swatch

      Hope you all enjoyed this review, let me know how you liked it, and I will talk to you all later:)
                                          With Love, Tara <3

No comments:

Post a Comment